Saturday, September 14, 2013

Gluten Free Almond Joy Muffins

Posted by Paulette

The little vacation that I had from being gluten free is over. For a short time I was able to have a sandwich made with regular bread. It was a freeing experience to be able to go out to eat and not worry about whether or not I was going to break out in hives, but that's over.
I've been working on some new recipes for muffins. They're the perfect grab and go meal or snack. This week I brought some to a friend who was surprised to find out that they were gluten free. She asked for a recipe. I'm the queen of dump and bake. So I've been working on measuring out things so that I can share the goodness. 
 I am hoping that going GMO free and gluten free again will heal my body. Time to tell Arthur Itis  and Hives goodbye. I was burned  twice this week by products that were gluten free. Both were crackers. One had corn, and the other soy. READ those labels! You can assume nothing!

I've created a new muffin, one I've never heard of. I'm calling it an Almond Joy muffin, because that where my inspiration came from.
 They're in the oven right now, and I've had three of my five children come and ask me what that wonderful smell is. 


Gluten Free Dairy Free Almond Joy Muffins
makes 18 muffins
  2 cups brown rice flour
1 cup tapioca starch
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups almond milk
3/4 cups chocolate chips

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tins by either lining with cupcake papers or spray with nonstick spray. 
  • Mix the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl, in a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, vanilla and almond milk. 
  • Add to the dry ingredients and stir until well blended, stir in the chocolate chips. 
  • Scoop 1/4 cup of batter into each cup of the tin.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Oh My Gosh these are so good! Get them away from me before I eat them ALL!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment