Sunday, May 22, 2011

An introduction to Pinterest




Posted by: Paulette
I know I've been gone for a while and with good reason. I have been busy painting furniture, changing out light fixtures, visiting with family out of state, oh, and pinning.
dhandycraft.com

Have you heard of Pinterest.com? It's this great new place to catalog all of the great ideas that you find on the web. I know we all have a bookmarks folder where we can be taken back to our favorite websites for great tutorials, and I used to keep a folder full of inspiration photos pulled from my favorite magazines. But to tell you the truth, I find more inspiration on blogs than in my magazines anymore. And it's free. And usually it's not expensive to do. I have several boards. Some of the names are "Decorating Ideas", "My Style", and "Yard Stuff."

songbirdisnesting.com
To get started, head over to Pinterest.com and ask for an invite. In a few days you'll receive an e-mail with all the information you need to start pinning with their button. The you can "repin" someone else's idea, and on and on. Since the pin automatically keeps track of where the pin came from, all you have to do is click on the picture, and it will take you to those wonderful tutorials, or shopping sites.


I'd love to share more pics with you, but my computer us uber slow today, and I just wanted to whet your appetite. What are you waiting for? Go and see for yourself. Be careful though. It's addictive!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't gotten on pinterest YET because I am afraid I'll get addicted!! Haha! Just one more thing to spend hours on!! :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete