Thursday, November 1, 2012

Holly Elf on the Shelf ~ A New Doll

Posted by, Paulette




I started this doll earlier this year, and ran out of oomph, until an artist friend of mine suggested an Elf on the Shelf doll challenge. I was going to start from scratch and the remembered the unfinished doll. I gave her some braids, resewed her ears, and repositioned her legs. And made her some clothes...of course. I am pleased as punch with how she turned out.
 This little girl isn't for sale. We'll be keeping her around. However if someone wanted their own Elf, I'd be happy to make them one!
 Holly is one of my wedding flowers, since I was married in December. We brought back Holly from my Grandfather-in-law's trees in Virginia, all the way back to New Mexico to add to the centerpieces at our reception. 
Good memories. 
Do you do the Elf on the Shelf tradition with your family? I've just learned about it, and look forward to telling my kids the story.
 
 

1 comment: