Getting 5 kids ready for school, sometimes means, we grab our breakfast and head out the door to the car. Sometimes you want a meal to go. And sometimes you want something that's savory. I think these muffins fit the bill.
Gluten Free Taco Muffins
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup tapioca starch
1 cup organic corn meal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
1 cup salsa
1 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and prepare muffin tins with paper liners or non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix first 8 ingredients.
- Add in the eggs, salsa, black beans, and water and mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups filling to 3/4 full.\
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.