I love Fall. The weather gets cooler, the kids go back to school and i start preparing for the Holidays.
On our trip to Utah, the kids got to pick pumpkins from their Aunt Amy's pumpkin patch. One of those pumpkins was cut open that night and half of it was made into a delicious pumpkin soup. The other half came home in our ice chest.
This week, I put it into the microwave and cooked it until it was nice and soft. Usually I roast pumpkin in the oven, and it gets the additional caramelization which add so much more flavor to a dish. I didn't do it this time because we had early dinner appointment and I just had to get it done!
Today I pulled out the remaining pumpkin puree and made some pumpkin spice muffins.
Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Spice Muffins
2 cups brown rice flour
1 cup tapioca starch
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 Tablespoons ground flax seed
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 1/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare muffin tins with paper liners or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients and mix.
- In a small bowl combine the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup and almond milk. Whisk.
- Add to the larger bowl of dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Fill muffin tins to 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.