Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Belletrix Lestrange cloth doll

Posted by, Paulette

Being an artist means that you never know when you will be able to sell your work. Sometimes this is discouraging as you continue to put out pieces of art and then other times it's great when you get so many orders that you're finding time to fill all of them. The order for this doll came at such a time. I leave for a vacation to Florida in a week and I get an order for 4 dolls. crazy, huh?
 When I got the order for this one, I wanted to do a happy dance. My decorating style isn't Gothic or dark, but I enjoy making such things for people who like them. I guess it's my other side!

 Meet Belatrix Lestrange! She is a fully cloth doll with needle sculpting, colored pencil and acrylic paint detailing. She has acrylic yarn for hair, and drinking straw fingernails. I got to use three different "leathers", two for her under bust corset and one for her boots. Her jewelry is made from Super Sculpey and then painted. Her wand is also made from Sculpey that has been painted.


 The scroll work on her dress is hand painted.
 Bellatrix is already sold. 

Next dolls on the list to make:
Albus Dumbledore
Mrs. Weasley
Wednesday Addams

 

No comments:

Post a Comment