Monday, April 30, 2012

Mystery Solved

Posted by, Paulette

For the last few months I have been feeling like I'm going crazy. My brain tells me to eat healthy, but my body is craving salt and vinegar potato chips and sugar. I know I should be making smart food choices and working out, and I just don't feel the motivation to do so. I wish I did. Good things are happening in my life; I'm selling dolls, and I' going on vacation in a week to Florida to visit family. And I get to stay for two whole weeks! I should be so excited to go, right? All I can think about is how I'm about to bust out of my size 16 jeans. I do not want to be a size 18 again! 
My usual mood has been a little depressed, which is totally not like me. I am a really cheerful person. And my hubby is feeling so neglected in the bedroom. Again, not like me.  And I've been exhausted all the time, even when I've had a full night's sleep. And then I woke up one morning covered in sweat. Things are starting to make sense. Looks like my 39th year will be the one that I start perimenopause.
I wouldn't have even known what this was except I remember seeing an episode of Oprah years ago about it. Thank heavens for Oprah. 


The things that I remembered were, cut out the sugar and caffeine, to reduce the hot flashes. Hot flashes? That's a joke. It was 103 today in sunny Arizona. It always feels like I'm having a hot flash here. So I guess I'll be sticking my head in the freezer soon, huh?
 The good news is that I've been doing some research, and there's a lot to be learned from the internet. I'm already drinking soy milk every day, and that's supposed to help. Time to wean myself off the sugar...and maybe the chocolate. I'll have to confirm that one too. At least I don't have to stop smoking, because I never started. and I guess the girls and I will be visiting the gym more often. And maybe getting to bed before 11pm won't be so bad.




1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you've been feeling down. I know that if I am not getting enough sleep then everything else suffers. Also water intake helps. Hang in there. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete