Monday, December 10, 2012

Cooking up some felt foods

Posted by Paulette

I am always looking for inexpensive clever things to make for Christmas. Felt squares are only $.25 each. This year I cooked up some felt foods for my girls to play with in their kitchen.


 Anyone feel like some salmon with a little salad on the side?

 Pizza is a perennial favorite in our house, and you can change the toppings according to your tastes. Green peppers, pepperonis and mushrooms, to order.

 A cornucopia of vegetables, fruits, donuts, and even a cupcake to tempt your pretend palate. 

 And finally, a hamburger with all the fixings; cheese, pickles, onion and lettuce. I ran out of red felt to make the tomatoes, and then I realized that the girls could use a pepperoni as a substitute.


I spent about $7 for all of the felt used in these foods. I already had the stuffing, thread and beads. 

The girls saw me making these and can't wait to play with them. I've found that Santa's workshop is just too hard to keep a secret in a house of 7 people. 

What are you cooking up for Christmas?
    

No comments:

Post a Comment