When I started living a gluten free lifestyle, one of the things I missed most was pizza. I learned how to make a pizza crust and a fantastic pizza from it. But what would be better than a pizza? Pizza muffins!
Recently while out shopping with a friend at Costco we picked up some sun dried tomatoes. She mentioned that they'd be good in muffins and my brain exploded with an idea, pizza muffins!
I've given my muffins to people, and they can't believe they're gluten free. So now it's time to share the goodness.
Gluten Free Pizza Muffins
makes 20 muffins
2 1/2 cups brown rice flour
1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons dried basil
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon yeast
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese + 1 cup for tops
2 large eggs
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 3/4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare muffin tins with papers or nonstick spray
- Whisk together first 9 ingredients in a large bowl
- In a small bowl whisk together water, oil and eggs
- Add to the large bowl and mix well.
- Drop 1/4 cup scoops of batter into each cup of the muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the tops with the remaining mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes