Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dumbledore Cloth Doll

Posted by, Paulette


Dumbledore is one of many colorful characters created by J.K. Rowling in her series of books about Harry Potter. I forget sometimes that not everyone has been caught up in the books or movies like my family and I have. David bought the seventh book and laid on the closet floor all night to read, so that he wouldn't disturb my sleep. 


 Dumbledore is the headmaster at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He is wise, old and has a bit of a sense of humor. While researching him, I found that he prefers patterned socks, and favors argyles. 
 
 My inspiration for my dolls comes from both the books and the movies. Dumbledore wears a gold under robe, a purple over robe, a gold fez, and purple argyle socks. The time turner that he loaned to Hermione hangs from his neck, and the horcrux ring is on his finger. 



This doll is completely original. the patterns for doll and clothes were created by myself. his face is hand painted and needle sculpted. 
 
Tomorrow he will be traveling to his new home in the same box as Bellatrix Lestrange. Let's hope they don't kill each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment