Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer Boredom buster-Harry Potter wands

Posted by, Paulette

I know a lot of parents who are looking for summer projects to do with their kids, so when I saw this tutorial, I knew I had to make these wands for my kids. They were great bribes for getting them to get their chores done. They collaborated on how they wanted them to look and what kind of beads to use. I wealded the hot glue gun, and painted them for them.

You can find the tutorial here:
http://grosgrainfabulous.blogspot.com/2012/06/diy-harry-potter-style-wands.html

It was less than $2 for a package of chopsticks. There were 20 to a pack, but I ran out of hot glue. This takes a lot. Expect to use 1 long stick or more, per wand. The paint wears off too, I suggest giving them a coat of spray on primer before using the acrylic paint to get it to stick longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment