Thursday, September 6, 2012

Autumn Mantel

Posted by, Paulette



 Most of the items in this display were found at the thrift store and changed up a bit.The candlesticks, large and small were all painted, distressed and then glazed. The wreath was an old grapevine wreath that was filled in with 2 Autumn leaves garlands. I used bobby pins to attach them, that way, when I want to change it again, there's no icky glue residue to deal with.
The bird picture is printed from the internet onto photo paper and then glued to a thrift store plaque. The turquoise pumpkins were a project from last year. Dollar store pumpkins with a crackle affect. This year they're under glass. A cloche I made from a glass jar, and a wooden finial. 
I love those candles. They smell wonderful. I think they're apple cider and gingerbread.
Only a few more weeks and I'll be changing it to Halloween decor.

Sharing at Transformation Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment