Friday, September 7, 2012

Faux or Fresh

Posted by, Paulette

I have been drooling over some beautiful  baby pink roses for months now. They're calling my name every time I go to Hobby Lobby, and I'm just waiting for them to go on sale before I buy them.
I have visions like these:
    
source
   
source
source  
 The girls and their wonderful daddy bought me some while on vacation in Utah this summer. I adored them for all of the 5 days that I had them and then passed them on to my mother-in-law to enjoy. I want them to last forever!
 Hobby Lobby has some gorgeous flowers that look so real! They're also kinda pricey, so I wait. And dream.
I watched an episode of Oprah once where she had a designer who told millions of viewers that you shouldn't use fake plants to decorate with. So phtttttttt ( that was a raspberry, in case you didn't catch it) to that. Real plants and flowers have a very short shelf life in my home. Five kids are worse than cats for that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment