Sunday, August 14, 2011

I love paint

Posted by: Paulette

When I get tired of something it doesn't cost very much to change it when using paint. Paint a piece of furniture, and then change the accessories, and it feels like a whole new room.

Before
The above picture is before I put a back on the hutch. So, that is the wall color showing through.
I've added some new pieces to my milk glass collection and was finally able to fill the top shelf with it. I've also painted the inside of the hutch a pretty light blue. A new color was mixed by adding some blue craft acrylic paint to the leftover paint from the bathroom. The darker books on the bottom shelf help to ground everything. Little changes. Big impact.
The vintage clock worked when I bought it for Dave for Father's Day, but has since stopped working. That was a sad day. I loved hearing it' s happy ticking while I went to sleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment