Friday, January 13, 2012

Unexpected Organizing Tools

Posted by: Paulette

If you've been reading my blog for a while, then you know I love shopping at thrift stores. It's spoiled me. I don't want to pay retail or sales tax. I like that some things have history, and I love repurposing things.
Here's some of my latest finds.
 It was really hard to get a full picture of this because the space is so cramped and the shower caddy is so long. Yes. That is a shower caddy turned spice rack. And the hooks on the bottom are holding the bag I use to store plastic shopping bags (formerly a pillow case) and my aprons. This freed up so much space in my pantry and gave me a place for my aprons, which freed up a drawer in the kitchen. 

Here's another recent find.

 In a former life this was a picnic basket. This is actually one of my favorite kinds of things to get. I have several of these large picnic baskets that I use for various things. One holds sweaters,  another holds my brook stick skirts and I have one in the girl's room for toys. This one was a little different from the others. It has a pull out drawer underneath and all kinds of cubby holes inside. Which makes it perfect for a sewing basket.
The only thing I had to do was cut off the leather straps that were used to hold plates, and sew on some ribbon to tie my scissors on with.
I used to have all kinds of boxes for this stuff. I love that I can just pull out the one basket, and not have to return to the closet for something I missed. And it closes up tight!
Tomorrow is half price day at my local Goodwill. I wonder what I'll find!

No comments:

Post a Comment