Saturday, March 17, 2012

Gluten Free Dairy Free Apple Streusel Muffins

Posted by Paulette



While out shopping this week, I came across something new in the butter aisle. It's Best Life buttery baking sticks. Since I have a cow's milk allergy, and I hate the idea of using margarine, I decided to give them a try. I love the results!
Check out the ingredients and nutritional information. Sooo much better than margarine. No hydrogenated fats. And it's cheaper than butter. 
 


Gluten Free Dairy Free Apple Streusel Muffins
makes just over 20 muffins


MUFFINS
3 cups Pamela's Gluten Free bread flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 apples peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
2 eggs
1/4 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups soy milk
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon


Mix above ingredients into a large bowl, and set aside.



STREUSEL TOPPING
1/2 cup (1 stick) Best Life Buttery Baking Sticks (or margarine)
1 cup GF flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Place ingredients into a medium size bowl. Using a pastry blender, or forks, cut the baking sticks into the dry ingredients. 



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray (or line with papers)
 Spoon muffin batter into muffin tins, filling to about 3/4 full. Spoon on the streusel topping. 
Bake for 20 minutes.


 
This is not a paid endorsement for the Best Life Buttery Baking Sticks. I just love sharing my discoveries with my friends!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment