Friday, October 12, 2012

The Top of the Refrigerator

Posted by, Paulette


I recently had a conversation with my mom about her hair. It went something like this:
Me: "Mom, you have a sparse spot on top of your head. You need to fluff your hair."
Mom: "I know. It's like the top of the refrigerator. I can't see it, so I don't care."

Well that got me thinking about the top of the refrigerator. I used to have a basket up there for throwing stuff into, kinda like a junk drawer.There were more than a few times that the basket of junk came down on my head when I opened the freezer. Not a pleasant thing to happen. 
Then I thought it would be pretty to put some bird houses up there, and take down the junk basket. It was transferred to my baker's rack, where it was in sight of anyone who wanted to get something out of it, but wouldn't be falling on my head. 
Guess what? The first time I moved the fridge to clean behind it, the birdhouse fell on my head. And that hurt worse than the basket. I had to come up with another solution. 
One day in a little visit to blog land, I saw a pretty basket full of flowers on top of a refrigerator. I knew that was my solution. I can change it out for the seasons, and no one can use it to throw junk up there. 
The birdhouse was "glued" down with some poster tack. 

Lots better. Especially for those people who can see the top of the refrigerator, which I can't really. Since I'm only 5 feet 2 inches tall.

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea! And your fridge is so clean! Wow! Mine is covered with stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete