Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Labor Pains

Posted by: Paulette

As you can see, I finished upholstering the loveseat. I was almost finished when I realized that there wasn't enough fabric to do the seat cushions, and I messed up the left arm front, and had to re cut it. This loveseat sits in front of the TV and gets well used, so it stays covered up with a slipcover. Therefore I'm not too worried about a little bit of mismatched fabrics. The original fabric was so thin and dirty from use, and the kids has started to tear i t off, so this project was a necessity.
 As you can see, we still haven't painted the floor. I'm not exactly sure when we will, and it bothers me, because of all of the paint that was splashed and dripped all over it by the contractors, but it's better than carpet!
 Speaking of carpet, the reason this post is called "Labor Pains" isn't because I am pregnant. It's because of the almost crippling pain I feel from cleaning the carpets with a Rug Doctor. Pulling the thing around wasn't the problem. It was the filling and emptying of the tanks! I had a very restless night trying to find a good position to sleep in, and woke up this morning so stiff! Some Tylenol, sports cream, and some fish oil capsules, and I'm finally able to move.
 As I was wrapping presents last night after looking at all of the beautiful blogs with beautifully wrapped presents, I was grumbling to myself about over achievers. There sure are a lot of Marthas out there! I don't know how they do it! Maybe it's just my perception of things. After looking through dozens of blogs, all of the inspiration starts to become guilt, for not being able to do everything. I can do all of that stuff. Just not all at once!
My plan today is to make some candies and cookies for stockings. We'll see how much I get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment