Tuesday, December 13, 2011

New Beginnings

Posted by: Paulette

I've started a new set of dolls. These are smaller than I've ever sculpted before. I've always been amazed by doll artists who are able to work at such a small scale. I've discovered that it's actually easier. Less clay, means shorter baking times, and being able to hold the piece for longer periods of time without your hand cramping.

Getting good pictures with my crappy camera, on a rainy day is another story.


















This is Joseph's head for the new nativity. We collect nativities, and have lost a few over the years through breakage. Our very first nativity was a gift from myself to Dave. It's interesting to see how my skills ave changed over the years. I think I'm really going to like this one. Hopefully I can get it done before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment