Sunday, February 5, 2012

Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Posted by: Paulette


Have you ever had a craving and thought, "I really don't want to go shopping for such and such"?
I did this weekend. It was for double chocolate chip cookies. Pamela's makes some great ones. And unfortunately they're so good, that I end up eating the entire box. That's 9 cookies, by the way.

The nice thing about making something at home is that when you give them away, you aren't embarrassed. And I really NEED to give these away. When it comes to chocolate, and cookies together, I have no self control. I had a party to go to this weekend, and I needed to bring something, so this was the perfect excuse to try out my ideas about making these wonderful treats gluten free.

I have to brag tell you, these turned out perfect. They were crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. YUM!

I didn't  eat the whole batch, but I think I ate more than 9. So much for that idea!

Gluten Free Double chocolate chocolate chip cookies


Ingredients:
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 cup butter (room temperature)
1/4 cup water


2 1/4 cups Pamela's gluten free bread flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1/2-3/4 tsp sea salt ( I used salted butter, so less salt)
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips


Cream sugars, butter and eggs together until smooth, then add the flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix together well, and then add chocolate chips. Mix together.
Form into balls of about 1 1/2 inches across. place onto a un-greased cookie sheet and flatten with your hand. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 10 minutes. Place on cooling rack or foil to cool.






ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment