Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gluten Free Vegan Strawberry Orange Muffins

Posted by: Paulette

This was meant to be posted on Monday. But you know how life happens! Enjoy.
 

Today I get to spend the day with my family. The kids and hubby are out of school and work for president's day. Usually we rush around in the morning getting everyone ready for school. Not today. Today we slept in, in shifts. The girls were up at the crack of dawn and Dave got up to be with them. I slept in until 8:30. I know. Heaven, right? He went back to bed to catch some more sleep. Poor guy! I kept him up until midnight while I worked on a new doll. 
On days like this, I like to have  a lazy breakfast. So I'm making some gluten free muffins to share. 
I don't usually cook vegan, but on those occasions that we run out of eggs, I'd like to have a little trick up my sleeve. I've done some research and found that you can use ground flax seed in place of the eggs. So I am trying that this morning. Hopefully the muffins will turn out well. Crossing my fingers. 


Gluten Free Vegan Strawberry Orange Muffins



3 cups Pamela's gluten free bread flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon chia seed
2 tablespoons ground flax seed
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups soy milk
1 cup strawberries
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup frozen orange juice


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend together in a blender, soy milk, strawberries, canola oil, and frozen orange juice until smooth. 
In a large bowl, whisk together, GF flour, baking powder, sea salt, ground flax seed, and chia seed.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in the bowl and mix together well. 


Spray (or line with papers) a muffin pan. Spoon the dough by 1/4 cup portions into each section. I use an ice cream scoop.
Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing to cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment