Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr Seuss!!

Posted by: Paulette

So you may have heard, it's Dr Seuss's birthday on Thursday March 2nd. I jumped the gun and made our green eggs and ham early. We had them with diner tonight, and it's a good thing I got a picture of them, because they were inhaled!

I had way too many. I'm afraid it's the curse of a good cook to be a bit fat fluffy. 


I set a pot of water to boil, with some salt in it. Once the water was boiling, I added each egg, using a pasta spoon, to the pot.
The eggs boiled for about 10 minutes and then I drained off the water and plunged them into ice water. This makes them super easy to peel. 
After peeling all of the eggs  (1 dozen), I put them into some water with green food coloring to sit for about 5 minutes.
 In a medium size bowl I mixed
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup of sweet pickle relish
3 drops of blue food coloring
 
Cut the eggs lengthwise and scoop the yolks into the bowl, and then stir with a whisk.

Next, I took a quart size zip lock bag and filled it with the paste, and cut a 1/4 inch hole in one corner. Now you can use it like a pastry bag and fill the eggs up.

I had some Black Forest ham slices that I cut into thin ribbons that I used to garnish the deviled eggs with. 
There you have it.

                     GREEN EGGS  HAM

I made some jokes about how we should hop on pop while eating dinner, but Dave didn't think that was very funny.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment