Thursday, January 10, 2013

French Farmhouse style hamper

Posted by Paulette

I really need to learn to take before pictures! I bought a cute storage box with a cover from Goodwill. It was cute...before a cat got it's claws into it. Originally it was covered in a weave of brown fabric and sea grass. And let me tell you, if it wasn't $1 I wouldn't have messed with it. All of that stuff was stapled on with hundreds of tiny staples! It took hours to get it all off. And I suffered with allergies to cat dander the whole time. And why you ask? Because I had visions of a pretty French style hamper. Something like this:

source
 I used some leftover drop cloth canvas to cover the box on the outside, stapling it to the wood, and then cut the hardware cloth and bent and stapled that to the box too. The liner was made from part of a flat sheet.

My version:
 It works perfectly with French/spa style bathroom!
It's just the right size to hold clothes for two people for a couple of days. No more leaving our unmentionables on the floor. It sits right next to the shower.

Sharing at:
Craftberry Bush
Jennifer Rizzo  
Feathered Nest Friday
Transformation Thursday
 

No comments:

Post a Comment