Monday, April 18, 2011

No more mix ups

Posted by: Paulette
I once had a friend over who mistook my apple cider vinegar for oil. It kind of ruined what he was trying to cook. I always remember what is in the container, so it's never been a problem for me. However, since I'm gussying up the kitchen anyway, and the paint color I am using is about the color of a chalk board, I figured I'd label some of the containers. I used my morter and pestle to grind up some sidewalk chalk and mixed it into the paint. Then I painted a rectangle, and then when that was dry, I marked what was in the container with chalk. Ummm, that didn't go so well. The surface was too gritty, and the chalk wiped off every time I used the bottle. Later I went in with a fine line paint brush and some white paint, and labeled everything. Much better!

I also don't have to worry about someone mistaking my protein powder for flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment