Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Art as Art

Posted by Jvona

I have 5 children, 4 of which are of school age. My eldest is 15, and my youngest school goer is 8. Every year, at the end of the school year, the elementary school they have all attended sends home with them a portfolio of all the art work they have done through out the year. I've kept the majority of the art work in the portfolios in storage bins in the closet so they can look back at it in coming years and reminisce.

I recently came across several picture frames with the glass still in them at a garage sale. They wanted a quarter or so a piece for each of them so I snatched them up real quick.I painted each one black, and finished them with poly spray. I chose art work from each of the kids portfolios and displayed them in my hallway. The best part of this whole project was the kids actually remembering when they had done each piece.


I also have enough art to be able to switch the current ones out when we want to see something different.

(Side note: To hang the pics, I cut out paper the same size as each frame, and taped it to the wall until I achieved the arrangement I wanted. I then just nailed directly through the paper, pulled the paper off the nail and hung the frames. I am so very proud of myself for taking the time to do this, thus saving my wall from many, many unnecessary holes!)

Linking up to here

2 comments:

  1. I saw that trick (putting up paper and nailing through that) on HGTV! It was a very good trick. :) I like the art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a professional gallery display. Very nice.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete