Thursday, March 10, 2011

A different point of view

When I discovered that my dryer kicked the bucket yesterday, I was a little upset. We just replaced the washer a couple of months ago and still have to pay it off. I just had to buy a new microwave, and dishwasher recently too. It seems like everything is breaking down a once.I don't know what it's going to cost to get the dryer fixed or buy a new one. I was just concerned about my boys having some clean school shirts for this morning, so for the first time in my life, and I'm sure it's not the last, I hung clothes lines in my backyard. On Facebook I made this comment: "R.I.P. Clothes dryer. You served us well for 11 years. My backyard now looks like Mexico with  the laundry lines criss crossing all over it." This was never meant to be a racial slur, but a friend of mine took it that way, and I'm very sorry. The image I had in my mind was more like this:




I was feeling thankful that it's warmed up and that the wonderful Arizona sun will dry my laundry at no cost! I'm being forced to be green, and truthfully I don't mind. I just hope that the mud doesn't enter the equation. I have a HUGE washing machine now. And really it would be the hand washing that would be a pain. The fact that I have so much laundry is because I have so many children, and they are healthy. Something else to be thankful for! When I focus on what I have, and am grateful for it, then I am happy. 
And here is what the laundry in my back yard really looks like:


I really don't think it was too much of a stretch of the imagination, do you?
-Paulette 

No comments:

Post a Comment