Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mud

I've been seeing a lot of keeping it real posts today. So I'm jumping on the bandwagon.  When I say the word "mud," what do you think of?


Mississippi mud pie?
Mineral mud baths at an expensive spa?



How about rich soil ready for a garden?








Not me. I think of how mad I was when my kids decided to play in the mud tonight, just before dinner was ready. You would think that an eleven year old would know better, right? Wrong. He was slinging those mud balls like there was no tomorrow. I don't mind a good water fight. But mud drives me crazy! There's just something about it that ruins clothes. In Maui they sell t-shirts that have been dyed by the mud. Can you believe it? Maybe I could market my kids ruined artistically dyed clothes. But then who wants a mud shirt from Arizona? Who would believe we get mud, anyway? Isn't Arizona a desert? 
The one good thing I could think of was this, "the carpet is gone!" I don't have to clean mud off the carpets! So what about the bathroom? I've decided that mud is easier to clean once it's dirt, and I'm just gonna go to bed, and let that  Arizona dry air do it's magic. Tomorrow is another day. The clock is set for 5:30 am. We'll see how much progress I make before the mess makers kids get up.




-Paulette

No comments:

Post a Comment