Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hurt

Posted by: Paulette





It's been a while since I've had my feelings hurt so bad that all I want to do is cry about it. I have an inner dialogue that says something like this, " What is your problem? Get over it! It's really not that big a deal."
And then the other me says, " I don't know why it hurts. It just does."
It's times like these that I have to remember that the Lord of all Jesus Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for not just the sins, but also all of the pain of mankind. He suffered this same pain that I'm feeling right now, so that I don't have to. If I can just give it to him, he will take it. So, how do I do that? I pray for a softening of my heart, and for forgiveness for my pride that allowed me to feel offended. I remember that no one is perfect except Him. And that my own forgiveness of my sins is dependent upon my forgiveness of others.   I also start anew remembering all of the blessings I have been given. I imagine myself wrapped up in His arms, and take that comfort that he so freely has given me. Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment